Domaine Clos de la Chapelle


The splendid vineyard of the Clos de la Chapelle monopoly has a long and colorful history, where the history of the magnificent chapel, which gave it its name, and that of the village of Volnay, once the residence of the Dukes of Burgundy, merge.

The Clos de la Chapelle was originally part of the Bousse d'Or estate, one plot of which was the property of the Confrérie du Saint-Sacrement and a second plot, property of the Carmelites of Beaune. The Revolution and the redemption of ecclesiastical property as national property resulted in a change of owners. The Pinard family will acquire these two entities which will be brought together later by Victor Boillot in 1865. The name, Domaine Clos de la Chapelle, was adopted in 1937, when the appellation was set up by the INAO.
Domaine Louis Boillot was made up of three small parcels of Premier Cru: Pommard Les Chanlins (very old vines), Volnay Carelle sous la Chapelle (now Volnay En Carelle), and the monopoly Volnay Clos de la Chapelle.
With the addition of 8 appellations all classified as Premier Cru and Grand Cru, Domaine Clos de la Chapelle now includes 11 distinct terroirs and a total area of ​​4 hectares of vines.


Country France
Region Bourgogne
Appellation Beaune, Corton Charlemagne, Volnay 1er cru

From this Winery

View as